creating a script

Allan Axon aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov
Thu Dec 30 08:39:39 EST 1993

---Begin included message---

Hi, everyone:

I have a series raster files (cell files) located in /PERMANENT/cell.  I want
to convert them into ASCII format using r.out.ascii command.  I am trying to
write a script like a .sh command, but grass does not recognize it.  Can anyone
tell me how I create a .sh program in grass.

Thank you.

---End included message---

Once you have created your script, the permissions must be set correctly
using chmod

chmod +x script_name

The script must be in the current working directory or another directory
which is in the path ($PATH).

The ability to create scripts is a powerful feature for automating GRASS
tasks, so good luck.

Allan Axon

Ohio Department of Natural Resources |
Division of Geological Survey        |
Mineral Resources and                |      Phone: 614-265-1030
        Geochemistry Section         |      FAX:   614-447-1918
4383 Fountain Square Dr.             |
Columbus, OH  43224-1362             |
Internet:  aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov