shifting DLG data

Stuart Bradshaw lewis!bradshaw at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Thu Feb 11 15:44:02 EST 1993

> 	I have a Digital Ortho Photo that we have checked with a
> differential GPS series of test points.  WE believe it is correct.
> When I overlay DLG data over this, I find that the DLG data is off
> by about 175 meters to the northwest.  Is there anyone out there
> who knows of a way to shift the DLG data so that it fits the DOQ.
>
> Thanx

If the DLG file has been imported into GRASS you can use v.transform to shift
the vector file. You will have to be sure the DLG is off an equal amount
throughout the data area and not a little bit here, a lot there, etc... If
your'e problem is related to a NAD27 NAD83 dataum shift then just find out
the UTM easting/northing differences and use v.transform.

Stuart Bradshaw
lewis!bradshaw at cerl.cecer.army.mil