help with v.in.dxf

Doug Hersh dhersh at lupine.mbl.edu
Wed Feb 17 16:54:35 EST 1993

Hello GRASS users
	I am trying to import small files from ROOTS to GRASS by exporting
a ROOTS file to a .DBX format and then trying to use v.in.dxf
The .dbx files are small.  Each map is a circle, broken into polygons each
of which is labeled by an integer.  The lines are all snapped so things
should be simple.  The .dbx file appears to contain all the information,
polylines, points (for the vertices), and text (for the attributes), but
when I run v.in.dxf, only a few of the attributes end up in the dig_attr
file.
	Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

	I have the option of exporting to ARC-INFO files but the .dbx
solution would be better because one file contains all the information,
and I have to work with many files.

	Also, does it pose a problem if my files are in original digitizer
units?

	Thanks!

Doug Hersh
dhersh at lupine.mbl.edu