Exporting SGI graphics?

hoffmann at urzdfn.kartographie.tu-dresden.dbp.de hoffmann at urzdfn.kartographie.tu-dresden.dbp.de
Thu Feb 18 05:27:21 EST 1993

Martin, I am just exploring the SGI tools to apply for GRASS (new).
There are VERY new instruments to use for... like IMGSCAN & IMGWORKS.
The only problem is that the average file size is just about 1 Mega
when saved as *.TIFF
So far we do not have a color printer operating yet, I thought about to send
you a file for your "G-hopper beginning manual..." that way... Could you
handle such a Megafile for color plotting (as an experiment?).
---
Did you get any response from Mr. Flemming & vs. ?
---
And a special question to the GRASS-profis at CERL:
- I am running the GRASS windows now on the SGI monster, but 4.0 is still
  working on TEK machine
- all seems to work normally when re-direct the output to the
  SGI window (I tested 3D landscape "flying around"...
- the problem arises when trying to expand the SGI window to full size
  (it works without problems in created size) just before starting
  our application script...
FAILURE MESSAGES:

  X error of failed request: Bad Match
  mfcode: 73 (X_GetImage)
  sfcode:  0
  ResID code appears
  Serial number of failed request appears
  Serial output number of f-q appears
  ERROR "eof" from Graphics driver
  Please start graphics monitor
  Error x0 not running...  (the window got BLACK and out)

I re-directed the output from TEK to SGI with "setenv DISPLAY (IP-Nr.):0.0.
So, any hints how to enlarge the window without it disappearing
after starting. On the TEK the GRASS window can be enlarged without any
problems before starting the application script.

Frank Hoffmann,
TUD