Exporting SGI graphics?

Dave Gerdes dpgerdes at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Fri Feb 26 21:02:20 EST 1993

> From: martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
> Subject: Re: Exporting SGI graphics?
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1993 15:25:12 +0100 (NFT)
>
> Neel Smith writes:
> >
> > Question from a Silicon Graphics neophyte:
> > Are there utilities for saving/exporting images created
> > with SG3d to other formats?
> >

> You can grab an SG3d image in various ways (xgrab and xv come to mind)
> and convert it to some useful format with PBMPLUS or xv. I don't know
> of a way to save the results of an image building command directly to
> a file...
>
> Martijn van Leusen

I use the SGI program snapshot which saves images to SGI .RBG format.

I also have a rgbtoppm converter.  If anyone is interested, I can put
it on max.

The latest version has a "run and save images" option for animations.

--

  David Gerdes
  US Army Construction Engineering Research Lab
  d-gerdes at cecer.army.mil
  (217) 352-6511 x591