Grass problem

Robert J. Peckham robert.peckham at jrc.it
Tue Jan 5 09:16:03 EST 1993

We are just beginning to familiarise ourselves with GRASS and have
encountered our first problem.

We are having a problem with the color table and legend after importing a
SUN raster file to Grass (with r.import.sunrast).

First of all on importing a SUN raster file the colors in the map are
displayed as expected, but the colors in the legend are wrong.

Now after toggling the color table and changing/editing the colors (with
d.colors), we have a situation in which the colors in the map agree with the
colors in the legend IF we display them  with d.rast and d.legend.
However, the program d.display gives wrong colors in the legend.

Do you have any experience of importing SUN raster files, or any idea what
we are doing wrong ??

Thanks.. Robert Peckham