Uncompressing GRASS data

Rob Parry rparry at hydrolab.arsusda.gov
Tue Jan 19 15:23:23 EST 1993

I don't use GRASS, but I received some data from someone using GRASS v4.0. I
want to use the data in the cell directories, but the data is compressed, as
reported in the cell header file:

proj:       99
zone:       14
north:      3935400.000000
south:      3856800.000000
west:       530800.000000
east:       588400.000000
n-s resol:  200.000000
e-w resol:  200.000000
format:     0
compressed: 1

If the data was not compressed, I could easily read it into another image
processing system.  The person who sent me the data did not know how to
uncompress the data.  Is there a way I can uncompress the data outside of
GRASS, or can it be done thru GRASS?

Any help is appreciated,

Rob

        Rob Parry                  rparry at hydrolab.arsusda.gov
        USDA-ARS-Hydrology Lab     Phone: (301) 504-8625
        Beltsville, MD             FAX:   (301) 504-8931