raster_to_vector

Daniel Rodriguez danr at rsgis3.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 28 14:42:22 EST 1993

Dear Grass-users:
	When converting a raster file to a vector file, does r.poly create the
category support for the vector file. If not, how do you create one for the vector file. An does r.poly create a label for each polygon and category file.
 Also is r.poly the best way of converting a raster to vector file.
Also is there a clipping routine in grass which you can clip a portion of a
file.
	The Raster file i am converting is 5 megs which consist of the
Mississippi River from the southern part of Illinois to New Orleans, La.
I would to convert this file into a ARC/INFO format. I need the attributes for
each polygon in the coverage. The only way of doing this is to convert the
raster file into a vector file.

					thank you,
				    Daniel H. Rodriguez
				    Texas A&M Unversity 							Forest Science Department
				College Station, Texas 77843-2135
					409 845-9425