Problem of graphic window resize and repaint

PoKung Lin pklin at CERF.NET
Fri Jan 29 13:48:46 EST 1993

Hi everyone:

I have compiled GRASS4.0 source under INTERACTIVE UNIX System V/386 Release 3.2
with X11 Release 4. When I ran the grass4.0, I found that if we kept the grass indow
to its default size, every command seems working OK. But if we enlargeed
the grass window, the following problems would accur:

	1. The d.display will only show the frame, the GRASS icon, and
	the region information. When it came to display the popup menu, the
	whole grass window disappeared.

	2. After the grass window got resized, the 'd.' commands (exccept
	the d.display mentioned above) still work. But if there was any
	window (e.g. shell window) overlapped on top of it and if we
	moved the overlapped window away, the grass window only got repainted
	to its default size and left the rest of the grass window black.

The development system I am using is the INTERACTIVE Workstation Developer which
got from SunSoft dealer last December. The GRASS 4.0 source came from the
Young Mind CD.

Is there any people using INTERACTIVE development system to compile grass4.0?
Do you have the same problems? How do you solve the problems? Any hints to
resolve the problems is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your
help.

			PK LIN
			E-mail address: pklin at cerf.net