No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Wed Jul 7 23:52:34 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: noninteractive site reports
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1993 03:52:31 GMT

In <199307071755.AA02580 at dial.pick.uga.edu> camann at pick.uga.edu (mike camann) writes:

>Grassu-net,

>	Is there any way to produce the machine readable site report--
>	the one that is produced by s.menu-- non-interactively?  I have
>	lots of site files to generate reports on, and lots of data
>	layers for each site file.  It would be MUCH easier to do if I
>	could write a script and just let it chug away overnight or in
>	the background.

Yes. The s.menu program runs programs under $GISBASE/etc/sites. If you
dig thru the s.menu code you can discover the calling sequence and
formats for the files that each of these backend programs expects. The
programs want is etc/sites/meta_report and the source for it is
src/sites/meta_report.
Michael Shapiro               shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
U.S. Army CERL                (217) 373-7277
P.O. Box 9005
Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005