problem with d.labels

Margo E Herdendorf meh at geog.buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 8 08:33:41 EDT 1993

Grass users -

I have been trying to place labels using d.labels but I get this error
message whenever I try to position the label with the mouse:

Point not in current active window. Point is less than west.

I have checked my region and checked the label locations with d.where and
I can't find anything wrong with the coordinates.
Also, I have made label files with p.labels but when I try to display
them on screen with d.paint.labels nothing shows up, not even an
error message.

If anyone has had any experience with such a situation, any hints
would be appreciated!

Margo Herdendorf
State University of New York at Buffalo
meh at geog.buffalo.edu