r.in.sunrast, v.digit

jjm at aberystwyth.ac.uk jjm at aberystwyth.ac.uk
Thu Jul 8 15:41:06 EDT 1993

Hi !

I am trying to input some data into grass, but it is proving very difficult !
I've got an image saved as a sun raster file ( converted from xbm in xv) and
I've tried to convert into a grass raster file using r.in.sunrast but I get the
following error message :

     monitor.ras - this rasterfile format not supported

Does anyone one know why this is happening this format should be o.k, I have
even tried doing a sun screendump of the image and then tried to convert that,
but guess what :

     monitor.ras - this rasterfile format not supported

I have read in the man pages that scanned raster data can be converted into
GRASS vector file format, if so how is this done {r.in.sunrast probably!}

Also how do you use v.digit without a digitizer?

Can anyone help me ?

YOURS HOPING FOR A RESPONSE

James
           |   E-Mail                 Address                      |
           |   jjm at uk.ac.aber         James Mulhern,               |
           |                          Dept of Comp. Science        |
           |                          University of Wales          |
           |                          Aberystwyth                  |
           |                          DYFED SY23 3DB (U.K)         |