xgrass (users sharing data)

Bill Dailey 490-8324 (303) dailey at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu
Fri Jul 9 13:29:41 EDT 1993

Xgrass question?

We have a project that is broken into 5 sections with a different
person in charge of each of those sections.

say that my Username is   follett
            Location is   grass.dat
            Mapset   is   dat
            Database is   /rs1

.. is /rs1/grass.dat
drwxrwxrwx  2 bruce         512 May 21 11:22 PERMANENT
drwxrwxrwx  4 hall          512 Jun 30 15:12 aqu
drwxrwxrwx 21 follett       512 Jul  9 10:22 dat
drwxrwxrwx  9 maxwell       512 Jul  8 14:52 et
drwxrwxrwx  3 davidw        512 May 21 11:22 img
drwxrwxrwx  3 bruce         512 May 21 11:23 nl

How can  "user follett"  display  "user maxwell"  evap data?

It seems to me that in xgrass if a user does not OWN a Mapset, they
have no access to other users data.
We set up this directory structure using GrassWorks, and CAN access each
others data.  Is there a way to modify xgrass to grant read access to other
users data?  any ideas?

thankyou...

William J. Dailey, GPSR Systems Analyst
USDA-ARS-NPA
Great Plains Systems Res.      TEL: 303-490-8324
P.O. Box E                     FAX: 303-490-8310
303 South Howes  Rm. 227       FTS2000:  A03RLGPSR
Fort Collins, CO  80522        INTERNET: dailey at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu