GRASS Applications

mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
Mon Jul 12 10:56:44 EDT 1993

Having been away from the GRASS world for a year and a half I am
assuming that I havemissed a great deal about GRASS development and
GRASS application.  GRASS Clippings is full of articles about the
use of GRASS for large resource management projects, in particular
in the natural resource mgmt area.  Is anyone doing business
types of applicatins with GRASS?  Looking at the types of applications
that are described in some of the other GIS magazines and I see
lots of applications involving marketing research, real estate,
transportation, and health care.  Are there any GRASS applications
along these lines?

I also see people using TIGER data rather extensively and doing
things with zip code areas, or census tract breakdowns.  Anyone
doing stuff like this??

I am asking out of curiosity, trying to get an understanding as
to where GRASS has gone since I left.

Any input would be interesting. Thanks,
Pat McClanahan		Internet:mcclanah at dlgeo.cr.usgs.gov
EROS Data Center 		 mcclanah at edcserver1.cr.usgs.gov