XGRASS Problem

Andrew Hertz hertz at geog.psu.edu
Fri Jul 16 08:09:40 EDT 1993

> I pulled down the binary version of 4.1 from the moon a little while
> ago for a SUN SPARC IPC running SUNOS 4.1.3 and Openwindows3.
> GRASS4.1 seems to run fine, but when I try to start XGRASS I get the
> following errors:
>
> Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:
osfActivate
> Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfActivate:
ManagerGadgetSelect() '
> Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:
osfSelect
> Warning: ... found while parsing '       <Key>osfSelect:
ManagerGadgetSelect() '
> Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfHelp
> Warning: ... found while parsing '       <Key>osfHelp:
ManagerGadgetHelp() '
> Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:
osfBeginLine
> Warning: ... found while parsing '       <Key>osfBeginLine:
ManagerGadgetTraverseHome() '
> etc
> etc
> etc
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!
>
> Brent Stinson
> brent at mishell.usda.msu.edu

You need to copy a file called XKeysymDB into the directory:
/usr/lib/X11 - I got my copy of the binaries second-hand, so
I don't know if it comes with the complete set.  But it is in
the source directory for xgrass:  $GIS/src/xgrass

Andrew Hertz
hertz at geog.psu.edu