GRASS User Surveys: Any Information?

DAVE H. MSC9309 at geovax.edinburgh.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 10:58:00 EDT 1993

GRASS User Surveys: Any Information?

I asked the GRASS Infomation Center if they had any up to date
information about GRASS Users and usage, like the survey cited by
James Westervelt in 'Introduction to GRASS 4.0' which quotes
with 1989 data.  They replied that they did not and that I
try the grassu-list to see if anyone knows of anything similar.

I saw that Pat McClanahan, recently asked this list about the various
applications that GRASS is being put to, but have not seen any
replies to his message.  Also a while back in a report on the
activities of the European GRASS User group that they were planning
a European User Survey, but have not heard of anything else.

Does anyone know who conducted the 1989 survey or how it was done?
Would it be possible, and ethical, to conduct a survey over the net?

Thanks for any help,

Dave Haddock.
Dave Haddock              | MSc student in Geographical Infomation Systems
Department of Geography,  | Email:  MSC9309 at GEOVAX.ED.AC.UK
University of Edinburgh,  |
Drummond Street,          | Phone:  +44 31 650 8108  MSc room
Edinburgh,                | Phone:  +44 31 650 2565  Main Office
EH8 9XP  SCOTLAND         | Fax  :  +44 31 650 2524  Main Office