need testers 4 semivariance prog

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Jul 19 00:19:44 EDT 1993

I am looking for beta testers for s.semivar, a GRASS sites
program for (simple) semivariogram modeling in 2D. You must
have the geographic information system GRASS (version 4.0
or higher, moon.cecer.army.mil) and g.gnuplot (from the
GNUPLOT scientific plotting program, version 3.4 or higher,
dartmouth.edu).  There is a tutorial on s.semivar's design
and usage that is required reading.  From this tutorial you
can learn about the basic capabilities of s.semivar---I
won't outline them here.

If you are interested in testing the program, drop me a
note and I'll give you an anonymous ftp site's address.
Serious inquirers (who promise to provide a thorough
evaluation ;-) may request a copy from me via email if
anonymous ftp is not possible. I cannot email copies of
GRASS or GNUPLOT.

This first beta test period will last for two weeks from today.
After this time, I will evaluate all comments and prepare another
version. I will contribute the "final" version of s.semivar
to the Office of GRASS Integration, where it may receive wider
scrutiny as part of src.contrib in the next release of GRASS.

After this point, I may consider writing a non-GRASS version
(still for UNIX, still requiring GNUPLOT) if there is sufficient
demand generated from this posting (> 25 requests).

--Darrell

James Darrell McCauley            Dept of Ag Engineering, Purdue Univ
internet: mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu West Lafayette, Indiana 47907-1146, USA
bitnet: mccauley%ecn at purccvm      UUCP: pur-ee!mccauley