Position Sought

Keith Mitchell keith at piked2.agn.uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 19 02:16:01 EDT 1993

Dear Grass Users,

I will be completing my degree at the end of August and I
am seeking employment.

I have a varied range of experience in Environmental Science.

I am looking for a position in Environmental GIS or a related
area.  Relocation is acceptable but will depend on location
and career potential.

I will be available for employment August 31.

Keith M. Mitchell
University of Illinois
Department of Agronomy
1102 S. Goodwin Ave.
Urbana, Il. 61801
(217) 333-9648
keith at piked2.agn.uiuc.edu

                          Keith M. Mitchell
                           206 N. Race #22
                       Urbana, Illinois  61801
                           217-384-5369
                     e-mail: mitchell at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
                       or keith at piked2.agn.uiuc.edu

Education: Master of Science; will be complete 8/93
           University of Illinois, Department of Agronomy

          Bachelor of Science, December, 1989,
           Major: Soil Science, GPA Overall 4.2/5.0
          University of Illinois.

Experience: 8/91 - present : Graduate Research Assistant
            - GIS for Pesticide Risk Assessment,
            - UNIX (Sys V and Berkeley), Bourne scripts
            - Sun system administration,
            - GRASS and ARCINFO.
          University of Illinois, Department of Agronomy

            4/91 - 8/91 : Technical Assistant
            - tracer dye monitoring,
            - O2 measurements, sample collection,
            - Lotus macro's.
          Illinois State Water Survey, Illinois River Project
            1/90 - 4/91 : Visiting Scientist/Academic Hourly
            - Lotus data management,
            - field work,
            - soil analysis.
          University of Illinois, Department of Agronomy

            5/88-7/90:  Scientific Assistant/Academic Hourly
            - Ion chromatograph, HPLC, and spectrophotometer analysis,
            - titrations, pH, conductivity, and redox measurements,
            - soil adsorption isotherms,
            - high pressure vessel experiments.
          Illinois State Geological Survey,
                   Environmental Geology Laboratory

Societies: American Society of Agronomy - Soils Science Society of America
             American Society of Agricultural Engineers

Awards:  National Golden Key Honor Society member
          National Collegiate Agriculture Merit Award 1987

Publications : K.M. Mitchell and D.R. Pike,
      The Use of A Geographical Information System to Develop a Comprehensive
      Pesticide Management Plan, abstract, WSSA Proc. - Denver, Feb. 1993.