No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Mon Jul 19 16:34:46 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: gripes about .grassrc/env vars/locks/permissions
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 20:34:42 GMT

In <9307100922.AA26257 at brier.ecn.purdue.edu> mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu (Darrell McCauley) writes:

This is a "gotcha" - GRASS reads almost all of its info from $HOME/.grassrc
The Unix environment variables are constructed by GRASS for user convenience
but GRASS itself only uses 3 Unix env variables $GISBASE, $GISRC and $GIS_LOCK.
It has always worked this way. Also note, that even if you manage to
get two session running (ie have two distinct home directories on two machines)
you can still mess things up since GRASS gets the current region, and MASK,
among other info, from files in the current mapset.

Michael Shapiro               shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
U.S. Army CERL                (217) 373-7277
P.O. Box 9005
Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005