No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Mon Jul 19 16:39:12 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: Error in coloration of raster map
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 20:39:05 GMT

In <199307120831.AA22670 at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au> jporter at laurel.ocs.mq.edu.au (Julia Porter) writes:

> Roengsak Katawatin wrote:

>> With the use of GRASS4.1, I am working on a raster map
>> consisting of 27 categories. I have assigned colors
>> to all of these categories by using the 'r.colors'
>> (color=rules). Problem occurred when I displayed this
>> map on the x-windows. Frequently, color of each category
>> shown on the x-windows was not the color to which I
>> have assigned. For example, the category that was
>> assigned 255, 0, 0 (red, green, blue) was appear in
>> 'orange' instead of 'red'.
>>

>I suspect your problem is to do with the fact that GRASS 4.1 seems to
>interpret the colors you specify differently according to the color you
>specify for the category above and below it.  For example orange will be
>interpreted as orange if it has light blue (64 255 255) above it and red
>below it, but as green if it has light blue above and green (128 255 0)
>below it.

This isn't the case. GRASS should treat 255,0,0 as red always. If it
is appearing as some other color then there are two possibilities -
the xdriver is in colormode float and the mouse is NOT in the xdriver window,
or the xdriver is doing something wrong. Either of these is a equally possible.

Michael Shapiro               shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
U.S. Army CERL                (217) 373-7277
P.O. Box 9005
Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005