No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Mon Jul 19 16:43:57 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: Rectification
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1993 20:43:54 GMT

In <9307121647.AA00663 at grits.valdosta.peachnet.edu> mingham at grits.valdosta.peachnet.edu (Mary Ingham) writes:

>I have some map coverages in state plane which I would like to convert
>to UTM or lat-long in order to anaylize in conjunction with other coverages.
>Is there any way to do this similiar to i.points when there is no imagery
>group?

You can create groups with the i.group command. However, i.points may
not be appropriate for you. It does linear translation, scaling, and
rotation for transforming raster images. This isn't the right tool for
a general purpose projection transformation. If your data is vector
data then use v.proj. (There is also v.transform which is the logical
peer of i.points - and shouldn't be used for general projection
transformations.)
Michael Shapiro               shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
U.S. Army CERL                (217) 373-7277
P.O. Box 9005
Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005