aliases, resource files, GRASS

Greg Koerper greg at towhee.cor2.epa.gov
Wed Jul 21 18:44:05 EDT 1993

> When I start up a shell, the shell looks for
> a resource file, ".cshrc".  In it I can define
> all sorts of nifty things, like aliases.
>
> When I start up GRASS, does GRASS check for (and
> execute) a similar file?  If so, what should
> this file be named?  I just tried ".grass.cshrc"
> and ".grasscshrc" and neither of these seemed
> to work.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>   jim

You need to review the shell script GIS.sh found in <$ARCH>/etc.
We sometimes modify it directly, e.g.:

930524

added to GIS.sh:
    # EPA site additions
    echo "set filec" >> $cshrc
    echo "alias 'g.remove' \"set noglob ; g.remove.sh \!* ; unset noglob\"" \
     >> $cshrc

greg

Greg Koerper                            Internet: greg at heart.cor.epa.gov
ManTech Environmental Technology, Inc.  UUCP:     hplabs!hp-pcd!orstcs!koerper
US EPA Environmental Research Lab
200 SW 35th St., JSB
Corvallis, OR   97333     Rush Limbaugh plucks the heartstrings of America:
(503) 754-4490                "I'm OK, because you're not!"
 fax:  (503) 754-4338