randomness

Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 22 17:21:01 EDT 1993

Agustin Lobo (lobo at Jasper.Stanford.EDU) writes on 22 Jul 93:
>I normally use Splus for this kind of work.

which supports the point I was trying to make in
my presentation at the GRASS conference. Not everyone
has SAS or Splus or chooses to use these kinds of packages
(it's certainly not on *my* home system ;-)
and there are certain statistical capabilities that
GISs should be *expected* to have.

"Generate a set of completely spatially random points"---
seems like a routine GIS operation to me.

The votes are still rolling in but it seems unanimous.
I'll see if I can scrape together another "by-product"
of my research for general GRASS usage. For those
with a strong need, holler at me in a month or two.