subscribe guinto and requesting help on getting started with GRASS

Danilo Flores Guinto guinto at cres1.anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 27 19:57:41 EDT 1993

Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm a novice GIS user starting to learn GRASS by myself. I wish to subscribe
to your mailing list to obtain more information on using the software.
As a start, I would like to know more about the raster and vector file
formats that GRASS accepts. I have a DEM file (ASCII in x,y,z format with
data points lying at the grid corners and the origin at the SW corner of
the map) which I would like to import into GRASS. Can you tell me what
programs in GRASS I need to use for a successful conversion? I was told
by a co-student that GRASS uses a different file format convention but
she isn't sure what it is.

Yours sincerely,

Danilo F. Guinto
Graduate Student
Centre for Resource & Environmental Studies
The Australian National University
Canberra 0200
Australia