importing sun rasterfiles

Simon Cox simon at cerberus.earth.monash.edu.au
Tue Jun 1 14:36:13 EDT 1993

I just tried to use r.in.sunrast and it complained

" - this rasterfile format not supported"

My files are

"      rasterfile, 3074x1938x8 run-length byte encoded image"

Is it the run length encoding which is the problem?
If so, is there any way to convert this *without* going
all the way to ascii (I think my machine might get indegestion!)

I'm using grass4.0.

Thanks

Simon Cox

----
				Dr Simon Cox
         __  L
      ,~'  L_|\            	Department of Earth Sciences
   ,-'         \         	Monash University
   (            \		Clayton  Vic  3168  Australia
    L,~'   "\_x/		Phone +61 3 565 5762
              u   		Fax   +61 3 565 5062
				simon at cerberus.earth.monash.edu.au