DOS pc as an x-terminal with GRASS

Jim Aanstoos (919) 541-6890 AANSTOOS%LOUIE at rcc.rti.org
Thu Jun 3 14:29:36 EDT 1993

From:	RCCW21::IN%"grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil"  3-JUN-1993 12:42:49.20
Sender: lists-owner at moon.cecer.army.mil.
To:	IN%"grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil"
CC:
Subj:	RE:  DOS pc as an x-terminal with GRASS

>Help,
>
>We are trying to use a DOS pc as an x-terminal to run GRASS.  We can run
>GRASS fine, we just have trouble with the GRASS Graphics Monitor.

>We are using a DELL 486/50P.  The network operating system is PC-NFS 4.0.
>The X-Windows software package is eXceed v. 3.2 for Windows.  (Windows 3.1)
>The video screen display is 800x600 at 16 colors.  The SUN OS is 4.0.1 with
>OpenWindows 2.0.
>
>We get the following errors when we issue the command d.mon x1
> . . .

You need to install a video driver on your PC having 256 colors.

            /\
      jim  /--\
          /    \
Jim Aanstoos                      Internet: aanstoos%louie at rcc.rti.org
                                         or aanstoos%louie at rti.rti.org
Research Triangle Institute
PO Box 12194                                       Phone: 919-541-6890
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2194                Fax: 919-541-6515