No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Wed Jun 16 11:59:01 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: G_realloc: out of memory
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 15:58:58 GMT

In <9306071409.AA25785 at nps.unm.edu.NPS> doug at nps.unm.edu (grass) writes:

>       When running r.support on an image I find this error.
>           G_realloc: out of memory
>       Does anyone know what I can do to run an update on the stats
>       for this image?

>Doug Bradley
>UNM-CPSU ALB

The file that r.support is trying to update is cell_misc/<map>/range
which is a one line ascii file with 4 numbers: nmin nmax pmin pmax
(corresponing to the min and max range for the negative and positive
values in your raster map). Try
	r.describe -r <map>

The -r option for r.describe doesn't require as much memory and will
tell you the values you need for nmin, nmax, pmin, pmax. Then create
the range file "by hand".
Michael Shapiro               shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil
U.S. Army CERL                (217) 373-7277
P.O. Box 9005
Champaign, Ill. 61826-9005