v.digit using Altek AC30 (Problems)

G. DUDLEY - GEOGRAPHY gdudley at watserv1.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Jun 23 15:48:31 EDT 1993

I am attempting to run v.digit using an Altek AC30 digitizer (format 8,
9600 baud) using the al30f8_16 driver.  The problem I run into is when I
attempt to register a map.  I am able to enter the coordinates (using the
keyboard) and then register the points (using the digitizer cursor).  When
I press Key<4> (accept residuals), the program bails out at the verify
screen and returns the message "Digitizer read error: exiting" at which
point I am then back at the GRASS4.1> prompt.  I have checked the dip
switches on the digitizer and everything appears to be in order.  Has
anyone else experienced a similar problem?  Any suggestions?

Much thanks.

..graham

Graham Dudley                             gdudley at watserv1.uwaterloo.ca
Department of Geography