Exporting SGI graphics?

Pam Sydelko sydelko at camelot.es.anl.gov
Mon Mar 1 10:44:07 EST 1993

We have been exporting SUN screendumps over to the Mac and using Photoshop
to touch them up (anti-alias text, etc...).  We then can shoot them off
to cameras on our net or have used commercial vendors.  One problem we have
run up against is color bleeding when bright primary colors are next to one
another on a map layer.  This appears to be a problem with calibrating the
film recorder.  Just something to look for.  I don't know if it is a problem
with all film recorders.  The use of a Mac for GRASS output onto slides and
hardcopy has been quite slick for us.

Pamela Sydelko
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 S. Cass Avenue - ES/372