No subject

Net.Noise owner news at max.cecer.army.mil
Sun Mar 7 00:14:50 EST 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: shapiro at zorro.cecer.army.mil (Michael Shapiro)
Subject: Re: rasterizing digitized contour maps
Sender: news at news.cecer.army.mil (Net.Noise owner)
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1993 05:14:48 GMT

In <9302251602.AA01823 at cotopaxi.hwr.arizona.edu> bobh at hwr.arizona.edu (Bob Harrington) writes:

r.surf.idw or r.sruf.idw2 use inverse-distance-squared weights to form
average elevation. Generaly this a NOT a good method for surface generation.
These tools are much faster than those in 3.1. No telling how long, but
they take their time. You should expore the new s.sruf.tps which has
a superior model for DEMs from point data.

--

Michael Shapiro U.S. Army CERL
Environmental Division