ps.map and legends ( colortable command )

Cliff Behrens cliff at bellcore.com
Thu Mar 11 09:38:54 EST 1993

Yes, but only by including a 'legend' paragraph in an input file to p.map.new,
contained in grass4.1beta.  I have just tried this out on my own layers and it
is WONDERFUL.  My only problem is that, regardless of the value that I assign tothe scale parameter in the legend, I always receive the following message when
I try to print the map on my PostScript printer:

sparky% ppmtopgm /u/cliff/paint.ppm | pgmtops | lpr -Pps10 -s
pgmtops: warning, image too large for page
sparky%

Does anyone have some suggestions for correcting this problem?