BINARY OUTPUT

Dr. A.R. Palmer plad at hippo.ru.ac.za
Wed Mar 31 05:28:56 EST 1993

In generating output from r.reclass, I wish to transfer the product as a
binary image to IDRISI.  I can do it by creating an ASCII file using
r.out.ascii, but this then has to be rewritten as a string for importing
into IDRISI. GRASS will generate a binary image file when using
i.rectify which is directly transferable to IDRISI.  However, in the
raster operations this does not happen.  How can I create a binary image
in the raster operations ?  Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Tony Palmer
--
Dr A.R. (Tony) Palmer | Roodeplaat Grassland |Tel: Intl-27-461-22638
Principal Agricultural| Institute            |Fax: Intl-27-461-22398
Researcher            | PO Box 101           |e-mail:plad at hippo.ru.ac.za
                      | 6140 Grahamstown     |
                      | South Africa         |