tape conversions

Stuart Bradshaw lewis!bradshaw at cerl.cecer.army.mil
Tue May 18 11:11:16 EDT 1993

>   Stuart:
>     I guess we at CWU could do this for you.  We are always looking for
> projects for students to earn a little tuition from.  Let me know how
> much volume of stuff you have (and why you are not transfering to 8 mm. tape??).
> Jim Hinthorne
> CWU GIS Lab
> GEOL1 at CWU.BITNET

  Jim,

 Thanks for the reply. Actually I`m inquiring about getting this done for
Ft. Carson which we are providing some GRASS support for.  Not exactly
 sure of the volume, but possibly about 20 quads of DLG data from the USGS.
 Their Masscomp recently crashed and burned, so they lost their ability to
 read the 9-track tapes.  They currently don't have an 8mm tape drive, just
 the 150MB cartridge drive.  If CWU is still interested, please reply and
 I`ll inform Ft. Carson.

 Stuart Bradshaw
 lewis!bradshaw at cerl.cecer.army.mil

Is your e-mail address really geol1 at cwu.bitnet  ??  Everytime I sent this
message directly to your address I got the reply