GRASS on DEC equipment

DAVE H. MSC9309 at geovax.edinburgh.ac.uk
Wed May 26 12:14:00 EDT 1993

Hi everyone,

I am an MSc student at the University of Edinburgh and we are looking to
install GRASS (4.1 hopefully) on one of the machines that we have in the
Geography Department.

We have two Decstations 5000/120 and 5000/200 that run Ultrix 4.2 and
other machines running VAX/VMS 5.5.

If anyone has any experience of installing GRASS on such machinery, could
they express an opinion as to which of these it would be easiest to put GRASS
on, and point me the way of any relevant literature concerning such a
procedure.

| Dave Haddock                          |
| MSC9309 at GEOVAX.ED.AC.UK               |
| Department of Geography               |
| Drummond Street                       |
| Edinburgh                             |
| EH8 9XP  SCOTLAND                     |