Need for command line version of r.mask in GRASS4.0

Craig Miller cmiller at pnwg.wa.com
Mon Nov 1 18:58:42 EST 1993

In order to make a mask via the command line, reclass the layer
that you want into a MASK.  ie.  Make all areas that you want to
be transparent (eyes and mouth of MASK) Category 1 with r.reclass.
Name this new MASK whatever you want except MASK (For our purposes,
call it MAP.rec

Then, when you are at the command line simply type the following to
set your MASK from the new map.

g.copy rast=MAP.rec,MASK

Let me know if you have any difficulties.

Craig A. Miller
Pacific Northwest Geographics
Voice: (509) 662 4479
E-Mail:  cmiller at pnwg.wa.com