d.mon - Problem

KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU
Tue Nov 9 12:57:23 EST 1993

Hello Grassusers,

    I have just compiled GRASS on a SPARC10 running Solaris 2.2.
A few warnings and all but a successful compulation.  I have
started grass and have run in some problems with the
d.mon command in reference to my XDRIVER.
	I get the following errors after I type :
		d.mon
		1             for start graphics monitor
            x0             for xdriver

Graphics driver [x0] started
ERROR: region for current mapset is not set
	   run "g.region"
Problem selecting x0. will try once more.

I do get a window up but it is completely black.

Is this a problem that I have set something wrong in
selecting the database or problems with my XDRIVER?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kym M. Lenkus
Davidson Laborary
Stevens Institute of Technology