ps.map

Dr. A.R. Palmer plad at hippo.ru.ac.za
Tue Oct 5 05:56:18 EDT 1993

Using ps.map, I have successfully generated the spearfish soils coverage
plus text and roads, as provided in the example in the manual.  Output
goes to level 2 Calcomp A4 Colormster Plus. However, when I create *.ps
files for southern African combinations of raster (NDVI's) and map
vectors (Acocks map), the *.ps file is created but does not print. The
raster coverage does print on its own, but once I add the vector, *.ps
file is created but does not print. This same raster coverage is visible
when displayed using d.display.  The spearfish data are in UTM
projection, my coverage is lat-long.Is ps.map compatible with lat-long
projections ?
Thanks
Tony
PS. Apologies for subscribing so badly -selected the wrong alias.

--
Dr A.R. (Tony) Palmer | Roodeplaat Grassland |Tel: Intl-27-461-22638
Principal Agricultural| Institute            |Fax: Intl-27-461-22398
Researcher            | PO Box 101           |e-mail:plad at hippo.ru.ac.za
                      | 6140 Grahamstown     |
                      | South Africa         |