postscrip printing (ps.map)? (2)

Bill Dailey 490-8324 (303) dailey at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu
Tue Oct 5 18:09:29 EDT 1993

->
->We are having problems with ps.map. It appears the raster and
->vector files overlaid on top of the raster are at different scales
->or at different offsets than the raster file. Is there a new and
->improved version of this code out there that corrected for this
->(ours was downloaded on July 7)?
->
->
->
->Regards,
->
->Bruce Wylie
->

This the second time we posted this question to the list,
please help if you can.

using ps.map   Update Package 2 installed

    Using d.rast and d.vect.
    When using a raster file and then over laying a vector file,
    we get an image with a vector tightly wrap around the raster image,
    like in example #1.

    Using ps.map
    When using a raster file and then over laying a vector file,
    we get a nice raster image with a vector that fits nicely along
    the bottom on the image but fails to stretch over the entire image,
    like in example #2.

                example #1               example #2

                 /-----\                  xXXXXXx
                /xXXXXXx\                 /-----\
                |XXXXXXX|                |XXXXXXX|
                 \XXXXX/                  \XXXXX/
                  -----                    -----

    What are we doing wrong?  We use p.map extensively, never had a problem.

example of our ps.map script follows
using the command> ps.map input=bill.scr output=bill.ps

scale 1:250000
maploc 1.25 0.0
grayrast x5
vector maj.250.hy
   color black
   width 3
   end
vector sat.thick.study.irr
   color black
   width 1
   end
text 521000 4473326 GREELEY
   font romans
   color black
   width 1
   hcolor none
   background white
   ref lower left
   end
text 515992 4442550 <- South Platte River
   font romans
   color black
   width 1
   hcolor none
   background white
   ref upper left
   end
text 512359 4472356 5 km
   font romans
   color black
   width 1
   hcolor none
   background white
   ref lower left
   end
line 511141 4473507 516141 4473507
   color black
   width 2
   end
point 525850 4474038
   color black
   size 2
   masked n
   end
point 513645 4475772
   color black
   icon northa
   size 3
   masked n
   end
end

P.S.

I would like some examples of postscript printer configuration files
found in   etc/paint/ps.devices directory

William J. Dailey, GPSR Systems Analyst
USDA-ARS-NPA
Great Plains Systems Res.      TEL: 303-490-8324
P.O. Box E                     FAX: 303-490-8310
303 South Howes  Rm. 227       FTS2000:  A03RLGPSR
Fort Collins, CO  80522        INTERNET: dailey at gpsrv1.gpsr.colostate.edu