No subject

Jane Rossing rossing at swlab.aben.cornell.edu
Mon Oct 25 10:00:25 EDT 1993

I am running a long shell script that repeats many times.  Out of hundreds
of calculations, I got the following 5 error messages.  These same commands run
many times without error, and then suddenly have problems (and these error messages
were more than an hour apart).  Can anyone tell me why GRASS would sometimes
be unable to read or move its temp files?  Thanks.

GIS WARNING: closecell: can't move /GRASS/grass41/gisdata/hutson/smr2/.tmp/swlab/17771.2
to cell file s3 in mapset smr2

GIS WARNING: G_put_title - can't reopen temp file

GIS WARNING: closecell: can't move /GRASS/grass41/gisdata/hutson/smr2/.tmp/swlab/20948.2
to cell file s3 in mapset smr2

GIS WARNING: Unable to store equation in history file

GIS WARNING: G_put_title - can't reopen temp file

J. Rossing
rossing at swlab.aben.cornell.edu