help selecting mapsets

Doug Hersh dhersh at lupine.mbl.edu
Thu Sep 2 12:24:03 EDT 1993

I have given the files in different mapsets identical names to
make it possible to apply the same analyses to each mapset.

Currently, I need to exit GRASS (4.0) to reselect a new mapset
and then run my shell program which does the analyses.  I tried
running g.mapsets instead of exiting and re-entering GRASS4.0,
but the original mapset is retained and the new mapset is appended.
Thus, when looking for files, Grass finds what it wants in the first
named mapset and never looks for the identically named file in the
second mapset.

Is there a way of selecting a new mapset so that the LOCATION remains
the same, but the old MAPSET is replaced by a new one?

Thanks.