sites to raster

Lukas SCHAUB schaub at pascal.epfl.ch
Wed Sep 8 12:12:27 EDT 1993

The only way I know to create out of a site layer a raster with the
category values of the site layer is to use s.menu with the # signs
before the category values of the site_list file.
Question: What value is assigned to the raster if it covers several sites?

Question: Does somebody know of a program that I would call s.to.rast
that would allow me to chose between average,maximum,median,etc to
represent several sites in one raster?
A program that would do this during a resampling process of a raster
layer with smaller cells than the new raster layer would be possible, too.

Thank you for your help

Lukas Schaub