No subject

NetNews Administrator news at ugle.unit.no
Thu Sep 9 07:52:21 EDT 1993

Newsgroups: info.grass.user
From: terjem at igf.unit.no (Terje Midtboe)
Subject: Problems with GRASS Shell in XGRASS
Sender: news at ugle.unit.no (NetNews Administrator)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 93 13:52:08 01:00:00 +0000 (GMT)

I have imported the compiled version of XGRASS4.1 BETA on a SUN OS4
computer.

Some problems appears when I want to run GRASS Shell from the
XGRASS-menu:

	1 To use the GRASS Shell, the file .grassrc have to exist in my
	  home directory. This is created only when running GRASS (not
	  XGRASS).

	2 When .grassrc was created it was possible to open a GRASS
	  Shell in XGRASS for the Location and Mapset given by
	  .grassrc. For any other Location and Mapset an error message
	  was flashing over the shell-window that disappeared at once.

	3 When I tried to start GRASS Shell with various Locations and
	  Mapsets IT SUDDENLY STARTED TO WORK !!!
	  But it ignores the Location and Mapset selected from XGRASS,
	  and uses the Location and Mapset given by .grassrc.

Is there anybody out there that can explain these problems?
--

Terje

Terje Midtboe
Division of Surveying and Mapping	Phone:  +47 7 594583
University of Trondheim			Fax:    +47 7 594621
N-7034 TRONDHEIM			E-mail: terjem at igf.unit.no
NORWAY