v.alable and grass permissions

JERRY_CAS at KGS.MM.UKY.EDU JERRY_CAS at KGS.MM.UKY.EDU
Thu Sep 9 15:20:00 EDT 1993

I have two questions regarding grass4.1.

First, I'm delighted to be using v.alabel as it
saves us an enormous amount of time.  I use v.circle
to create vectors of different radii around sites.  Because
v.circle does not assign labels, v.alabel does the job.
However, if there are closely spaced sites, some of the
overlapping vectors (circles) do not label.  I think
this is a problem in v.alabel, but could be related to
v.circle.  Any help would be appreciated.

Second, there is contribute code from R.L. Glenn at SCS
which allows group access to mapsets.  This is found in
src.contrib/SCS/libes/gis.  The code for this fix is found
in the file mapset_msc.c.  This is very desirable for our
site, as we have more than one user who work on data sets.
I can't seem to get the fix to work.  In the c file, the code
which implements the fix begins with the statement:
	ifdef SYSV
if this fails it resorts to user ownerships.  I assume this
refers to the operating system.  I'm running Sun OS 4.1.3 on
a Sparc platform.  Can I still use this code?  Can someone
please give me instructions on how to install it.

Thanks

Jerry Weisenfluh, Kentucky Geological Survey