Information

krystofik at uamont.edu krystofik at uamont.edu
Wed Sep 15 09:21:52 EDT 1993

I', new to the list and would like to get some information on jobs and graduate
programs in GIS.

    1.  Jobs.  What types and levels of positions are available to a person
at the masters level (i.e., a person with a masters in GIS or something with
a strong GIS background)?  I was told that outside of academia that there
is a lot of opportunity for someone at that level.  I don't doubt what I was
told, but just wanted to get some more opinions.

    2.  Graduate Programs.  Can anyone recommend some good graduate programs
that either specialize in GIS or where GIS can be incorporated into a program
relating to natural resource management along the lines of fire ecology or
landscape ecology.

Thank you.

Joe Krystofik
Univ. of Arkansas at Monticello