help with spheroid

Virginia Jackson jackson at era.com
Wed Sep 22 11:19:19 EDT 1993

Hello Grass Users,

Thank you for all your help in the past.  I now have another
opportunity for you to help me understand GRASS (and probably the
GIS world) a little better.

My understanding is that a spheroid must be associated with a
location when the location is created in GRASS.  What are the
advantages and disadvantages of selecting a spheroid at this time?

For example, am I limited to working within that spheroid for all
data in that location set?

If a database was initialized with one spheroid, clark66, can
it be switched to another spheroid, wgs84, without re-inputting the
vector and raster data?

Please bear with me as I gradually learn about the GIS world.
Feel free to respond to me directly.

Virginia Jackson
Engineering Research Associates
e-mail:  jackson at era.com