How Print Vector Attribute on Map ? ? ?

Bjorn Svensson bjorn at geog.GEOG.UCSB.EDU
Mon Sep 27 18:48:47 EDT 1993

 Howdy,

How can I get a hardcopy map showing a vectorfile WITH ITS ATTRIBUTES.
I have a vector file with attributes/categories and I'd like the categories
to print in different colors or at least with attributes as labels.

I print with p.map but I can`t get one vector file to print what I want,
i.e lines with different labels (from v.digit) to print in different colors

I`m aware of the labels in p.map and p.label but it seems like I have
to manually transfer the attribute to a label.  Can it be so stupid?

  ///////    Bjorn Svensson
  /     |
  / @---0    Department of Geography