Addition of two maps

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:11:44 EDT 1994

> Here is the situation:
>
> 	I have two maps that have an overlapping area.  I would like to
> add the two maps together and use only one map for the overlapping
>
> area.  If I use r.mapcalc and preform an addition function it
>
> will add that overlapping area.
>
> How can I avoid this situation?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> Kym M. Lenkus
> Davidson Laboratory

If I understand you correctly, the following should work:

	newmap = if(map_a,map_a,map_b)

assuming that map_a is the one you want to use in the overlapping area.

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159