tcltkgrass/Linux Problem

Tom Moore tmoore at pnfi.forestry.ca
Thu Apr 7 08:16:15 EDT 1994

In mailgate.grass.user you write:

    Xin> Could you tell us what "a few noticable bugs" are?

Well, I haven't tested tcltkgrass out extensively, but I have
had the following problems:
- core dump when trying to view a raster with more than a
  few colors;
- wont display some vector files (will display some though);
- sometimes dumps core when creating new views (this especially
  happens when I re-source a tcl script that defines a view).

    Xin> A lot of people are excited. Quite a few people
    Xin> including myself are trying to get it run on
    Xin> different platforms. I believe once we get it run
    Xin> smoothly. Extra effort will be made to this product.
    Xin> Therefore, it would be great if you guys can tell the
    Xin> grass community that what platform was using to
    Xin> develop tcltkgrass and what platforms have been
    Xin> tested. Looks to me the one on the moon site was
    Xin> developed on A/UX.

I have compiled and run tcltkgrass successfully on a Sparc running
SunOS4.1.1.  I have also used tcltkgrass (Gilles' version) on
a SGI.  I'm not sure what platfrom the software was developed on.  I
know that LAS supports a variety of platforms.

    Xin> Maybe there's a good beta-test version vailable?

I expect that a better beta quality release will come out in
the next week or so.

Tom--
Tom Moore                                       tmoore at pnfi.forestry.ca
Petawawa National Forestry Institute
Canadian Forest Service, Box 2000, Chalk River  +1 (613) 589-3048
ONT K0J 1J0  CANADA                             +1 (613) 589-2275 telefax