Hitachi digitizer setup

Jane Rossing rossing at swlab.aben.cornell.edu
Thu Apr 7 20:56:44 EDT 1994

We recently found an old Hitachi digitizer (HDG 2222) and would like to use
it for digitizing in GRASS.  First of all, is there any reason such an old
digitizer (1986) would not work?

Second, we are having trouble setting up the digitizer description file.  The setup
field was very clear, but the startrun, startpoint, and startquery are not.  Has
anyone managed to set up a file for this HItachi digitizer?  The manual is ancient
and we can't seem to pull the necessary information out of it.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Jane Rossing
rossing at swlab.aben.cornell.edu