Ltplus on Linux

Andreas Holz holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
Mon Apr 11 04:17:26 EDT 1994

> In February Andreas Holz responded on the net that he had compiled
> Ltplus sucessfully on Linux and offered to share the necessary
> changes. Since then I've tried to contact him directly but with no
> success (perhaps due to the vagaries of our X400 gateway to the
> Internet).
> Andreas, would it be possible to post the required modifications to
> this list? Or if too lengthy, could you place them in a location
> where they could be retrieved?  Thanks for your help.
> Jim Schmidt
> USDA Forest Service
> Sonora, California

Hello Jim,

	Yes I compiled LtPlus successfully on Linux, but there were
	still some run-time problems, which I did not fix, because
	I4m running LtPlus on a SPARC meanwhile. Nevertheless I will
	look for my porting report and post it.

	The best way is to contact Andy Burnett at Cerl, he made
	also a port of LtPlus to Linux and furthermore modifications!
	If You don4t have his e-mail address, I will mail it to You.

	There had been some traffic on this list about LtPlus on Linux the
	last weeks, the best way, I think, is to collect the experiences
	about LtPlus on Linux and to add the to the GRASS or GIS FAQ.

Best Regards

Dipl. Geol. Andreas Holz         e-mail: asholz at cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Institut fuer Geologie und Mineralogie
Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg